What You Will Need If You Hire a Patent Attorney
Patent attorneys are not the same as regular solicitors. They frequently have legal expertise as well as the technical abilities of a scientist or engineer. You can also employ an attorney to protect your invention. If you hire a top denver patent law firms, you should have the following documents and information on hand:
- Description: A written overview of the innovation, including how it works, the problem it answers, and what makes it distinctive.
- Drawings and sketches for information: Photographs, drawings, sketches, illustrations, and visuals that demonstrate the usefulness of your idea are acceptable. Models or functional prototypes will also assist the attorney in comprehending your goods. A patent attorney can help you if you are not yet at this point of development.
- List of persons with whom you have shared your invention: Prior disclosure might have an impact on the success of your patent application. This is why you should keep a record of everyone and every firm with whom you have discussed your product. You should also keep track of the date of disclosure and the specifics of what was shared.
- Your company strategy: You should have a solid business strategy in place. If not, you should have a rough understanding of how you want to commercialize your technology. This will assist your patent attorney in selecting the appropriate patent and developing a patent strategy.
- Copies of any provisional patent applications: If you filed a provisional patent before speaking with a patent attorney and now wish to convert it to a conventional patent, bring your original application. You have only 12 months to turn your provisional patent into a normal patent. Before you choose the top denver patent law firms you need these documents.